SWIFT PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
July 26, 2015
Elder of the Month: Ginny Kleinschmidt Fellowship Deacon: Jane King
Projectionist: Jimbo Woodall Sound Technician: Marvin King
8:00am Worship Service in the Historic Chapel
9:00am Adult Sunday School class led by Pastor Keith does not meet today.
10:00am Worship Service in the Sanctuary
11:00am We invite everyone to join us for refreshments in the Fellowship Hall
Flowers are provided today by Judy Walker in celebration of the birthday of her daughter, Kim Whitchard, on July 29th
10:00 service: VBS Children and Youth will participate in the service.
GETTING INVOLVED AT SWIFT CHURCH THIS WEEK
Sun, July 26 – Deacons will meet 5:00-7:00pm in the library.
Wed, July 29 – Handbell choir will rehearse @ 6:00pm in the sanctuary
Thurs, July 30 – Bible Study for men and ladies: 9:30 – 11:00am meets in the Swift Church Library, annex room 3. New joiners are always welcome.
Thurs, July 30 – GriefShare, 6:00-8:00pm in the Andy Lay Room.
ALABAMA PRESBYTERIAN CURSILLO #34 September 17-20th
What is Cursillo?
- A three day Retreat intended to revive the spirit and renew the participant
- An invitation to encounter Jesus Christ
- A process to deepen the participant's Christian commitment
- A call to the conscious and deliberate living of the Christian faith
- An invitation to join with fellow Christians and broaden the community of Believers
- All within the framework of Reformed Theology and consistent with the Book of Worship of the PC-USA
How do I sign up?
- Complete a green application form from the back of the church
- Ask someone to be your sponsor (a person who has attended in the past) or contact the church office, 943-8367, to help you find a sponsor.
What if I want more information?
- Call the church office; Pastors Keith and Jody Beth, Judy and Kathy have all attended Cursillo in the past.
- Remember, there is no cost for first-time attenders, except for your travel to Camp Beckwith.
GETTING INVOLVED AT SWIFT CHURCH: UPCOMING
Sun, Aug. 2 – Holy Communion will be served by intinction at both services.
Sun, Aug. 2 – Food Pantry Donation Sunday; as the Lord feeds us with His Holy Spirit during communion, we ask you to help us feed the hungry by bringing ONE non-perishable item for our food pantry.
Sun, Aug. 2 – A handbell ensemble will play at the 10:00 service and at Live Oak.
Sun, Aug. 2 – Pastor Keith and Lisa will provide worship and communion at Live Oak at 1:00p. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Sun, Aug. 2 – The Youth Ministry Team will meet 2-3:30 in the Andy Lay room.
Mon, Aug. 3 – Swift Church Preschool begins their 2015/2016 school year.
Thurs, Aug. 6 - “Two or More” Lunch meets at the Captain’s Galley at 11:30am.
Sun, Aug. 16 – Blessing of the Backpacks and Christian Karaoke @ 10:00 service.
CHRISTIAN KARAOKE SUNDAY, AUGUST 16th
Wanted: Singers or instrumentalists, any age,
to sing/play Christian songs in either worship service; solos, duets,
groups, families, children, youth, adults or mixed ages.
1) Get a you-tube karaoke download or digital recording.
2) Sign up with Lisa.
3) Let her know what you will sing.
4) Practice, practice, practice.
5) Be in worship on August 16th.
OPEN DATES FOR SANCTUARY FLOWERS:
AUGUST 2, 9 SEPTEMBER 6, 20, 27
Please call Nancy Hope at 961-3623 or the church office to schedule.
PRESCHOOL TEACHER’S AIDE NEEDED
The Preschool would like to hire another preschool teacher’s aide for the fall. If interested, contact Shawn Simpkins, Preschool Director at 205-913-7385.