November 2, 2014
Elder of the Month: Devery Thomas
In Home Communion: Teresa Neese and Kathy Menk
Fellowship Deacon: Beth Brewer
Projectionist: Devery Thomas Sound Technician: Marvin King
8:00am Worship Service in the Historic Chapel
8:45am Pick up breakfast in the annex
9:00am Sunday School classes begin
Nursery – babies thru 2 yrs Guppies - 3 yrs thru 5 yrs
Fishers of Men - 6 yrs thru 8 yrs Prophets - 9 yrs thru 12 yrs
Disciples - 13 yrs thru 18 yrs
Adult Classes and high school students will meet in the chapel to hear Donna Armstrong speak to us about the seriousness of human trafficking in our local area and how we can assist in helping to solve this problem.
10:00am Worship Service in the Sanctuary
11:00am Please join us in the Fellowship Hall for refreshments and conversation.
- a Congregational Meeting will be held in the main sanctuary at 9:50am for the election of elders, deacons and trustee. Nominees for elders are Paula Brewer, Lee Mansell, and Phil Melton; nominees for deacons are Don Aspray, Lisa Cardwell, and Elinor Gartman; nominee for trustee is Genevieve Parker. We need one more nomination for elder and deacon. It is necessary that nominees from the floor have announced a willingness to serve if elected.
- The Sacrament of Holy Communion will be served. All are welcome to receive who have been baptized. During the 8:00 service, we will serve by intinction. Please take a piece of bread, dip it in the juice, and immediately partake. At the 10:00 service, we will serve in the pews. When the bread is passed, please hold it until all have been served. Then do the same with the juice.
- Nursery children will return to the sanctuary for the Lord’s Supper.
- Pastor Keith and Lisa will lead worship at Live Oak – 1:00 pm. All are invited and welcome.
- Food Pantry Collection Day. If you are not able to bring your item(s) today, you may bring them next week or to the office at any time.
PRESBYTERIAN HOME FOR CHILDREN WORK WEEKEND
Are you interested in doing some cleaning, painting, light carpentry, lawn care, etc. Thursday, Nov. 13 – Saturday, Nov. 15? Free lodging, kitchen facilities and transportation are available. Stay one or both nights. Contact Pastor Jody Beth for more info, 213-6625.
GETTING INVOLVED AT SWIFT CHURCH: THIS WEEK
Tues, Nov. 4 – Chancel Choir rehearses at 6:00pm
Wed, Nov. 5 – Handbell Choir rehearses at 6:00pm
Wed, Nov. 5 – Kairos cookie drop off in the office; 8:00am – noon. Recipes are available in your November newsletter and in the back of the church
Thurs, Nov. 6 – “Two or More” Lunch at the Captain’s Choice inside the Gulf Bowl at 11:30am. Everyone is invited; bring friends, family and neighbors.
Sat, Nov. 8 – Cantata rehearsal at Swift: 9:00am.
GETTING INVOLVED AT SWIFT CHURCH: UPCOMING
Sun, Nov. 9 – We will honor our veterans by placing flags on their graves in our cemetery. If you did not notify us last year of relatives who were buried in our cemetery and who served, please fill out the blue slip provided in the pews, put it in the offertory plate, or call the church office.
Sun, Nov. 9 – Danny Lyons, solo handbell ringer will play in worship.
Sun, Nov. 9 – We will turn in our Team Swift Estimate of Giving statements. Please refer to your cream colored bulletin insert.
Sun, Nov. 9 – It’s time for a Tailgate Party! Join us after the 10am service in the Fellowship Hall. Wear your favorite team jersey-we’ll see you there!
Wed, Nov. 12 – Food pantry volunteers are Sue Johnson and Diane King.
Fri, Nov. 14 – Swift Preschool Trike-a-thon for St. Jude. See Cathy Rogers or Shawn Simpkins if you would like to donate.
Sun, Nov. 16 – Handbell and tone chimes dedication at 10:00 service.
Thurs, Nov. 20 – Butterfly Girls will meet at Portabella’s and Guys Night Out will meet at Fish River Grill 2 – both in Foley and both at 6:30pm.
HANDBELLS AND TONE CHIMES UPDATE
Danny Lyons, a solo handbell ringer from Pensacola, will play in worship on November 9. Sunday, November 16th, is celebration/dedication Sunday for the handbells. You won’t want to miss these two Sundays.
We are putting together our intergenerational choir chime ensemble. We need volunteers to include children from 4th grade up through older adult. Music reading skills are not necessary! We will play in worship sometime in December. Weekly rehearsals will start sometime in mid-November. See Lisa after worship, or email her at Lisacardwell62@gmail.com.
OPEN DATES FOR SANCTUARY FLOWERS
November 30th and ALL of 2015
Please call Nancy Hope at 961-3623 or the church office to schedule.