Elder of the Month: Diane King
Fellowship Deacon: Jack Williams
Projectionist: Jimbo Woodall Sound Technician: Marvin King
8:00am Worship Service in the Historic Chapel
10:00am Worship in the Sanctuary
11:00am Everyone is invited to the fellowship hall for refreshments immediately following worship service.
Pastor Jody Beth Melton is at the pulpit today while Pastor Keith and Lisa are returning home from the Middle School Conference in Tennessee. She will also preach at Cook Chapel at 3:00pm.
Thank you to our liturgists / music leaders, Diane King at 8:00 and Cathy Rogers at 10:00.
Sunday: the deacons will meet 5:00-7:00pm in the library in the annex.
GETTING INVOLVED AT SWIFT CHURCH: THIS WEEK
Wed, July 30 – The Women’s Bible Study is studying 1 John. They meet from 10:00-11:30am in the annex each Wednesday and all women are welcome.
VBS on WWW.SWIFTCHURCH.ORG
For those of you interested in the activities of our wonderful VBS last week, a slide show has been placed on our website www.swiftchurch.org with a bunch of cute pictures of all the children. You can click on each picture and "save as" to your files. Thanks to many devoted people as the VBS was a huge success.
CHRISTIAN KARAOKE AUGUST 17TH
Wanted: Singers or instrumentalists, any age,
to sing/play Christian songs in either worship service; solos, duets,
groups, families, children, youth, adults or mixed ages.
1) Get a you tube karaoke download or digital recording.
2) Let Pastor Jody Beth or Pastor Keith know you want to sing.
3) Let them know what you will sing.
4) Practice, practice, practice.
5) Be in worship on August 17th.
GETTING INVOLVED AT SWIFT CHURCH: UPCOMING
Next Sunday, August 3:
- The adult Sunday school class, “Live with Anthony” will resume in the Andy Lay room at 9:00am. We will continue the discussion of Hosea; all adults are invited and welcome.
- Communion will be served by intinction at both services.
- We will hold a congregational meeting in the sanctuary at 9:40am for the purpose of electing our nominating committee.
- Food Pantry Sunday - please help us feed the hungry by bringing ONE non-perishable item for our food pantry.
- An offering will be collected for Family Promise.
- Pastor Keith and Lisa will lead worship at 1:00pm at Live Oak. All are welcome to attend.
Tues, Aug 5 – GriefShare from 6:00-8:00pm.
Thurs, Aug 7 – “Lunch with Two or More”: see below
Wed, Aug 13 – Food Pantry Volunteers: Sue Johnson and Diane King
Sun, Aug 17 – Christian Karaoke Sunday
Sun, Aug 17 – Blessing of the Backpacks and Back to School Picnic
Mon, Aug 18– Session will meet at 6:30pm in the Andy Lay room.
Sept. 18 - 21 – Alabama Presbyterian Cursillo #33; applications (green) are available in both churches. Pilgrims are invited to attend free of charge.
NEW! “LUNCH WITH TWO OR MORE”
“Where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
A new fellowship and outreach opportunity will begin in August. We will meet once a month, on the first Thursday of each month at 11:30am at a local restaurant. People who are able to attend are encouraged to invite and bring along someone who may not be able to as easily – someone who doesn’t drive for example – so that “two or more” will gather! Men, women, family, friends, co-workers, neighbors - all are welcome!
“Lunch with Two or More” will meet for the first time on Thursday, August 7th, 11:30am, at Captain’s Choice Restaurant located in the Gulf Bowl – they have lunch specials! At the first gathering, those present will decide where they would like to meet the following month. Please RSVP to Pastor Jody Beth so a reservation can be made, 213-6625.
JOYS AND CELEBRATIONS
A beautiful and joyous worship service led by the VBS participants and Montreat campers;
another successful fundraiser for the Santa Foundation;
baptism of Gabrielle Williams;
a total of $394 has been collected so far for next year’s camps and conferences. We are still taking donations; checks can be made payable to Swift Church with “camps and conferences” in the memo line.